Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. “Please can you tell me how many officers are on restricted duties .
2. Out of those restricted officers how many carry the necessary ppe ( hand cuffs, gas, baton).
3. Also can you tell me how many officers who are NOT upto date with their training.
4. How many officers do you have.
5. How many officers who are not upto date with their training carry the said ppe.”
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the People Services Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held, in part, by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. 23 Officers currently on restricted duties.
2. No information held.
3. 16 Restricted Officers currently not up to date with Personal Safety Training.
4. As the information you have requested at this point is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for those parts your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
This information is freely available from the Northumbria Police website, and is updated regularly. In order to aid and assist you I have provided the relevant link below:
5. No information held.