Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- Does Northumbria Police offer Employer Supported Policing (or other paid time off) to members of Police Staff to carry out the role of Special Constable?
- If so, how much paid time is offered to carry out the role of Special Constable?
- Does the member of police staff have to be a Special Constable with Northumbria police to qualify for the paid time off?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the HR Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- Police staff who volunteer as Special Constables with Northumbria Police and other regional forces can claim paid time off to carry out the role of a Special Constable.
- A maximum of 8 paid hours (pro-rata for reduced hour’s staff) per calendar month to carry out their role as a Special Constable.
3 The member of staff does not have to be a Special Constable exclusively with Northumbria Police to qualify for paid time off.