Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- The number of digital devices that are awaiting forensic examination.
- The estimated time that it would take to examine these devices and clear the backlog.
- Could you also please let me know which recorded offences the devices are linked to, eg sexual offences, indecent images of a child etc.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Crime Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
- As at 5 February 2020, 1345 devices currently await examination
- No information held. This is not recorded.
- Currently the exhibits relate to the following crime types:
- Sexual Offences
- Breach of SHPO
- Computer Misuse
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Drugs Offences
- Firearms Offences
- Wildlife Offences