Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- “Does you have an IT department?
- Does the IT department manage the servicedesk(s) – if not, which department is responsible?
- Who specifically manages the helpdesk/servicedesk? (Contact name, details)?
- What IT helpdesk tool(s) is/are in use (eg. SpiceWorks, Freshdesk, etc) if not, how is your IT managed?
- What is the price per annum of said helpdesk tool(s)?
- What is the annual budget available for helpdesk tool(s)?
- What are the requirements of the IT team; or, what the tool(s) is/are used for?
- What are the redeeming qualities of the tool(s) (and negative qualities)?
- What is the start date, length and review date of the contract with the helpdesk tool(s)?
- How many operators currently use the ITSM tool?
- How many end users currently use the ITSM tool?”
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Finance, Procurement and ICT Departments of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
As advised in our acknowledgement email only information that is actually held at the time a request is submitted can be requested under the FOI Act 2000, we are not obliged to create information in order to provide a response to a request.
- Gemma Taylor, ICT Service-Desk Manager. Contact can be made via the 101 system
- Atlassian Jira Service Desk.
- Annual support and maintenance cost £12k
- Budget allocation is the expected cost of the Jira support charges – see 5 above.
- ITSM management of incident, request, change and problem.
- No information held. This is asking for an opinion as opposed to held information.
- Start date March 2019, 12 month support and maintenance contract with renewal in March 2020.
- 100 Service Desk Licences (89 Used).
- Forcewide 5500 users.