Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Does the police force outsource and use 3rd party suppliers under any of the following 3 categories?
- IT Hardware/Software.
- IT Support.
- IT Services and communication.
2. If so who are the suppliers/resellers used and what has the spend been with them in the last 6 months?
3. Who are the contacts/procurement in the police force to speak with in order to get added as an IT supplier to the police force?
4. Who are the IT managers in the police force in place and there contact details?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with both the ICT and Procurement Departments. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
1–3. As the information you have requested at these points is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for those parts your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
This information is freely available via the Bluelight Procurement Database (under the IT category) which is aimed at improving visibility and access to contract and procurement information, and also the via the Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner website (under Finance). In order to aid and assist you further the links to these have been provided below – and from these you will be able to extract the data you require.
4. The contact details for the IT managers are:-
- User Devices and Communication systems and services - Jennifer Murray, ICT Communications Manager, email@example.com
- Infrastructure Services – Paul Smith, Infrastructure Service Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third Party Application Support – Roy Hails, Application Services Manager, email@example.com