Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Are Northumbria Police currently trialling or using, or have the force ever trialled or used, any form of predictive policing programme?
If so, please provide the following information:
2. The name given to this predictive policing programme
3. When the programme was first used and whether it is still in use / when use ceased
4. How this predictive policing programme works, specifically:
4.1. What data is used by the programme
4.2. Whether it operates using algorithms or artificial intelligence
4.3. What human interaction or oversight is required
5. The specific hardware and/or software used to build this predictive policing programme
6. Any guidance documents provided in relation to the use of this predictive policing programme
7. Any testing or research conducted in relation to this predictive policing programme
7.1. In particular, any examination as to potential bias within the software and the exacerbation of pre-existing inequalities
8. The Privacy Impact Assessment conducted in relation to this predictive policing programme
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with both the Crime and IC&T Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police. Northumbria Police are not currently trialling or using, or have ever trialled or used, any form of predictive policing programme.