Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please can you provide me with the following information regarding your spend on Managed Print Services and associated printer spend.
- Do you have a Managed Print Service? - if so who is your current supplier, please also share contract status and contract dates
- What is your total annual spend on MFD's and Printers - including details such as consumables, break-fix and new device spend?
- What is your annual page volume - split between Mono and Colour?
- How many print devices have you got - MFD's and Printers?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Procurement Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held, in part, by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. Contract used for Procurement of MFDs / MFD supplier / Contract term / Contract start date / Contract end date:
As the information you have requested at these parts of your request is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for those parts your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
This information is freely available via a search of the Bluelight Procurement Database (BLPD) and in order to aid and assist your further I have provided a link below to the website:
2. As per our response to point 1 above. However, please note that we do not record the value spent on printer/printer consumables.
3. No information held, this information is not recorded separately.
4. MFD = 132 / Printers = 147.