Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- What social media channels do you use and a list of handles for each platform?
- Do you use any platforms to manage your social media accounts and analytics (such as hootsuite or spoutsocial)?
- Who is responsible for social media (i.e communications department)
- Can you please provide a copy of your social media / digital communications strategy?
- Can you please provide a copy of your social media policy and media policy?
- Can you please send a copy of your digital channel strategy
- Can you please provide me with a copy of your Social Media (or Digital) channel strategy.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Communications Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Facebook = @northumbriapolice
Twitter = @northumbriapol
Instagram - @northumbriapol
Youtube = Northumbria Police
3.Communications and Engagement provide strategic oversight but empower other to use.
4.We do not have specific strategy for social media/digital however we have provided you with a copy of the Communications and Engagement department strategy which you may find useful
5.As the information you have requested at this point is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
Policies are published on the Northumbria Police ‘about us’ page and are therefore freely available. A simple search for ‘blogs and social media’ will bring back the relevant policy
6 & 7. No information held. We do not have either of these.
FOI 820-18 - Strategy