Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Are Special Constables with Northumbria Police currently issued with Body Worn Video?
2. If not, what is the reason for this?
3. Are there plans for it to be implemented in the future?
4. If SC’s do have body worn video; is this personal issue or pool use?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. Special Constables do not have personal issue BWV in Force but they are trained in its use and have access to pooled stocks.
4. As mentioned in question 1, pool use.