Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. How many officers in your force are currently male/female?
2. Since January 2012, to the date the request was received, how may authorised firearms officers have transferred to your force?
3. Since January 2012, to the date the request was received, how many authorised firearms officers have transferred from your force? Where possible please indicate which force they transferred to
4. Since January 2012, to the date the request was received, how many officers have passed initial firearms training through you force and become authorised firearms officers? How many applied to become AFOs?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Human Resources Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Female – 986
Male – 2242
2. 6 authorised Firearms Officers have transferred into Northumbria Police
3. 1 authorised Firearms Officer has transferred to Guernsey Police from Northumbria Police.
4. 96 officers have attended and passed the course to become an authorised Firearms Officer.
436 officers have applied to become AFOs.