Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many pure electric / hybrid / hydrogen powered vehicles are currently in your force’s fleet?
- What are the makes and models eg BMW i3, Nissan Leaf etc.
- How much money has been spent on them (purchase price)?
- What tasks are these vehicles currently used for eg diary appointments, CSI visits, pool cars etc.
- Are any of them used for emergency response or pursuits?
- Please give details of any plans you have to procure more in the near future
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fleet Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. There are 10 such vehicles in the fleet.
2. There are :-
8 x Toyota Yaris Self Charging Hybrid.
2 x Nissan Leaf pure electric.
3. Total purchase cost of the 10 vehicles was £118,142.
4. The vehicles are used for general purpose, non-response work.
6. Northumbria Police is working with other Police Forces on vehicle specifications to be included in a new national contract for provision of vehicles which will commence next year. It is the intention to include a variety of low emission vehicles within that contract. The Northumbria Police strategy for purchasing this type of vehicle will be finalised when this new national arrangement is in place.