Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Name and contact details (phone number & email) of fleet/transport manager?
2. How many vehicles do you have on your fleet and the composition (number of cars, vans, HGVs and specialist vehicles, model etc.)?
3. Do you own a repair workshop (or use an adjacent one owned by a local authority)?
4. Current supplier/re-fitter of vehicles?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fleet Management Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. This information will not be disclosed as the role is a non-public facing role and therefore the following exemption is applicable:
Section 40(2) - Personal Information
Section 40(2) is a class based absolute exemption and there is no requirement to consider the public interest in disclosure. That being said where Section 40(2) is engaged in order to make the exemption absolute there needs to be evidence that a data protection principle would be breached by disclosure. In this case it would not be fair to process information which, we believe by providing all the information you have requested, could lead to the identification of an individual. Therefore the first principle of the Data Protection Act would be breached.
Contact can be made by ringing 101 and asking for Fleet Management or by letter at the below address.
Fleet Management Unit, Killingworth, NE126QN.
2. As the information you have requested is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21(1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
The most current Fleet list is published on the Northumbria Police Disclosure Log, FOI 521/21 refers. That will provide a response to this part of your request.
3. Owned repair workshop.
4. Purchase and conversion of vehicles is through national frameworks made available to public bodies.