Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Does your Force Firearms officers deploy with head cams?If Yes:
2. How many head cams is your force capable of deploying at any given time?
3. Who is the portfolio lead for the purchase, deployment and maintenance of head cams in your force?
4. Does your force propose to invest in head cams for the safety of your community and police officers during the 2018/2019 financial year?
After we sought clarity you then advised - If the answer is No to point 1 , no further details are required. If the answer is Yes, all further replies relate to Firearms officers only.
You then amended your request to read ‘Point 1 is for Firearms officers only. Points 2,3 and 4 relate to all officers, PCSO, SC.’
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention. Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
2. 70 are currently available for deployment.
3. Chief Inspector Simon Hall, Firearms Support Unit (FSU)