Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please will you provide the following information for the last 12 months or accounting year:
- How many dogs were seized by your force within the last 12 month period under the Dangerous Dog or Animal Welfare legislation?
- What was the cost of kennelling those dogs during that period?
- What was the cost of providing veterinary treatment for those dogs?
- How many of those dogs suffered from any form of illness or injury which required veterinary treatment whilst detained in police custody?
- How many of those dogs died in police custody other than through court ordered euthanasia?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Operations Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
The information below covers the 12 month period from 1.6.19 to 31.5.20.
- 118 Dogs seized.