Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- As a percentage; how much does Northumbria Police spend on community policing? Please give the figure per year from 2008 to 2018 inclusive.
- On a typical evening between 6pm to midnight, how many police officers in total are walking the streets in Northumberland's communities?
- How many police officers are there in Northumberland?
- What is the ratio of police officers to numbers of residents in Northumberland?
- Considering the geographic area of Northumberland, how many square miles/km would each police officer have to cover if they were evenly spread?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- No information held. We do not produced percentages as measure of community policing.
- No information held. We do not have a ‘typical evening’.
- 424 (416.39 FTE) Police Officers based in Northumberland region as of 14/11/2018.
- No information held. We are not obliged to calculate figures, this can be calculated by yourself using the most recent census information.
- No information held. We are not obliged to calculate figures.