Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Can I please ask the following?
- Head of Procurement name / Head of Procurement email / Head of Procurement address
- Head of IT name / Head of IT email / Head of IT address
- Information and Security Officer / Information and Security Officer email
- Contract used for Procurement of MFDs
- MFD supplier
- Contract term
- Contract start date
- Contract end date
- Amount of MFD
- Amount of Printers
- Do you use managed print software Y/N if Yes which one
- Do you use smart cards for authentication on MFD's
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with both the Procurement and ICT Departments of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. Head of Procurement - David Veitch
Newcastle City Centre Police Station, Forth Banks, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3PH
2. Head of IT - Ian Woodward
Arrow Close, Northumbrian Way, Killingworth NE12 6QN
3. Information and Security Officer - Richard Sterry
4-8. Contract used for Procurement of MFDs / MFD supplier / Contract term / Contract start date / Contract end date:
As the information you have requested at these parts of your request is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for those parts your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
This information is freely available via a search of the Bluelight Procurement Database (BLPD) and in order to aid and assist your further I have provided a link below to the website:
9. MFD = 132.
10. Printers = 147.
11. We are currently implementing Uniflow.
12. Not currently but we are in the process of rolling out the Uniflow service across the MFD devices which does use the force’s smartcards to identify the system user.