Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. In the 2022 calendar year how many probationary police officers with your force left your force for whatever reason, be it dismissal, resignation etc?
2. Of those probationary officers who left your force how many were dismissed under the powers of Regulation 13 of the Police Regulations Act.
3. In relation to all Regulation 13 dismissal hearings held by your force in 2022 can you please provide me with a copy of any summary of the full disclosure of information provided to the probationary officer that was intended for use in the hearing? Please note I accept that this document may have to be redacted in parts to comply with S.40 but elements of it should still be available for release such as how the probationer was deficient in their duties.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the People Services Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows which has been extracted from our HRMS system data.
1. During 2022 a total of 53 probationer officers left the organisation.
2. Of these 53 officers, none were dismissed under Regulation 13.
3. During 2022 there were no Regulation 13 dismissal hearings.