Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am writing to you to request information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) regarding attempts the force has made to request journalistic material, as defined under section 13 of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (1984).
Covering the annual year 2019, please may you inform me:
- How many applications did the force make to judges in order to obtain journalistic material?
- How many of these requests resulted in a judge issuing a production order regarding the material requested?
- How many of these requests were refused at the first instance?
- How many of these requests were refused on appeal?
- In addition, please may you inform of the top five media organisations (by number of applications) which the force sought to obtain journalistic material from?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Legal Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police. No such applications have been made.