Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- The total number of recorded (graded) calls separately for grades 1 and 2, for calendar years 2016, 2017 and 2018 (half a year).
- The number of calls responded to within the target separately for grades 1 and 2, for years 2016, 2017 and 2018 (half a year), and if possible for years 2013, 2014, 2015 - please do not reject my request fully if data on that cannot be provided.
- The median response time for grades 1 and 2 for years 2016, 2017 and 2018 (half a year).
- The longest response time for grades 1 and 2 for years 2016, 2017 and 2018 (half a year).
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police.
- We cannot answer as we do not grade the calls, we grade the incidents. We could potentially offer a response to this should you wish to resubmit that part in relation to incidents but we would not know how we were alerted to the incident. (999 or other means).
- No information held - we do not have target times.
- Median response times are not recorded/created.
- We cannot answer this as the time is not recorded once it is beyond a certain limit – time stops at 4 hours.