Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
As part of the Coronavirus response officers are placing leaflets on parked vehicles The leaflets ask Why are you here?
- Please can you tell me how many of these leaflets have been produced?
- How many have been distributed to date?
- The total cost for producing and printing the leaflets?
- Who authorised them to be printed and distributed?
- Please also provide a copy of the risk assessment that was done prior to the leaflet campaign being authorised.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
To note and just to clarify further - officers are placing the leaflets which contain advice on cars parked only in locations where they have reason to suspect that the driver may have made an unnecessary journey, potentially breaching the Governments guidance. They are advisory only.
With the above noted I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- 8,000 flyers.
- 5,000 have been distributed to officers. We hold no information as to how many have been distributed to members of the public.
- ACC McMillan, and Head of Communications and Engagement department Neil Preston.
- No risk assessment was necessary.