Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. the total number of public demonstrations (rallies, riots, protests and marches) of which you have formally been made aware from January 1st 2020 to present.
2. figures relating to the above from January 1st 2019 - 31 December 2019
3. figures relating to the above from January 1st 2018 to 31st December 2018
4. figures relating to the above from January 1st 2017 to 31st December 2017
5. figures relating to the above from January 1st 2016 to 31st December 2016
6. figures relating to the above from January 1st 2015 to 31st December 2015
After we sought clarity you redefined all points as relating to the number of public demonstrations of which we have formally been made aware of as happening only in the Northumbria force area.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Operations Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.