Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Does screening for gambling disorder take place among detainees in any part of your force? If yes,
2. Which detainees are being screened?
3. What are the triggers for a gambling screening?
4. Who does the screening and where?
5. What tools are used?
6. What pathways are in place if gambling problems are identified?
7. Does your service have a partnership with a gambling treatment provider in your area? If yes, provide details please
8. Is there training on prevention or education provided to your Custody Officers, Police Staff or Health Care Professionals, to identify and address gambling disorders?
9. If yes, what form does this take?
10. Do you know of any other Police Service who are active in the identification and addressing gambling disorder? YES / NO
11. If yes, can you please provide details
12. Any additional comments or observations that can support this program?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Custody Unit of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
7. No – Not within Custody
11 & 12. N/A