Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Which digital forensic software is used by Northumbria Police for PC imaging and analysis? For example Axiom Encase X-ways forensics etc.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows. You should note that on this occasion we have considered no harm in disclosure however this should not be taken as what may be provided in any future similar requests.
Northumbria Police Digital Forensic Unit routinely utilise the following software to assist in the imaging and analysis of computer-based exhibits:
- FTK Imager, produced by Access Data
- EnCase Forensic Imager, produced by OpenText
- MacQuisition (now known as Digital Collector), produced by Cellebrite
- CAINE, Open-Source Software
- Magnet AXIOM, produced by Magnet Forensics
- Magnet AUTOMATE, produced by Magnet Forensics
- Griffeye Analyze, produced by Griffeye
- Virtual Forensic Computing, produced by MD5
- EnCase, produced by OpenText