Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Does your Police Force operate a police vehicle incident data recorder system?
2. If so, do you have speed thresholds?
3. What sanctions do you impose?
4. Are these sanctions disclosable to insurance companies, courts or internal discipline?
5. Does the IDR have an impact on those officers involved in pursuit driving?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Operations Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- Yes, Northumbria do operate a vehicle data recording system.
- The system does not have speed thresholds.
- IDR allows the scrutiny of a police officer’s driving behaviour if required post pursuit.