Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many missing people have been reported to you, each year, since 2014?
- How many of those people are under 16 years of age? Again with figures per year since 2014.
- How many of these under 16 year olds are categorised as ‘looked after children’ – e.g. from care homes or foster care. Again with figures per year since 2014.
- How many missing person cases that Northumbria Police deal with are resolved within 48 hours? . Again with figures per year since 2014.
- How many of the cases resolved within 48 hours involve under 16 year olds? Again with figures per year since 2014.
After we sought clarity you advised: ‘resolved’ in points 4 and 5 are in reference to cases where the people have been found within 48 hours.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached.