Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many times have you used a diviner/psychic in a police investigation in the past five years (2013-2018)? Pls search for the following words – diviner, psychic, clairvoyant, supernatural, mystic, witch doctor, water dowsing/dowser, shaman, fortune teller, medium.
- Can you please tell me what type of person (psychic, diviner etc) you used for each investigation?
- For each instance can you provide a date, what case was it used in
- What was the outcome (did it help the investigation – if so, how)?
- Was the diviner/psychic etc paid? If so, how much?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Crime Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police. We have not used a diviner/psychic in a police investigation.