Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many people have a gun licence issued by Northumbria Police?
- How long does a licence last?
- What criteria would exclude an applicant from obtaining a licence?
- Northumbria Police have issued 3543 firearm certificates and 8541 shotgun certificates (some certificate holders have been issued with both a firearm and shotgun certificate).
- Firearm and Shotgun certificates are valid for five years.
- As the information you have requested at this point is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for your request.I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other meansInformation which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.The information you have requested is freely available as it is published by the Home Office, in order to aid and assist you further I have provided the link below: