Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- Who is your current Body Worn Video Supplier?
- When did your current contract start?
- Which procurement route was used (e.g. was a framework used?)
- How many devices do you have?
- Roughly how much has been spent since contract start?
- When does your current contract expire?
- Which procurement route will you use for the replacement contract?
- Which team/contact will manage this procurement process?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Procurement Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
With regards to point 1-3 & 5-8:
As the information you have requested is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
This information is routinely published on the Blue Light Procurement database - https://www.blpd.gov.uk/foi/foi.aspx and is therefore freely available for anyone to view.
4. 2900 devices