Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Could you please send me the following information with regards to the organisation’s Mobile Phones contract
If there is more than one provider please split all the information including the annual average spend, number of connections, duration, contract dates and internal contact details.
- Network Provider(s) - Please provide me with the network provider name e.g. EE, Telefonica, Vodafone, Three
- Annual Average Spend- Can you please provide me with the average annual spend over the 3 years. If this is a new contract can you, please provide the estimated annual spend.
- Number of Connections for voice only devices, voice and data devices, data only devices, please provide me with the breakdown and not the overall total.
- Duration of the contract- please state if the contract also includes contract extensions for each provider.
- Contract Start Date- please can you provide me with the start date of the signed agreement. Please do not provide me with the framework contract date I require the contract dates of the signed agreement. (if there are multiple start dates, could you please provide me with the earliest date for each provider)
- Contract Expiry Date- please can you provide me with the expiry date of the signed agreement. Please do not provide me with the framework contract date I require the contract dates of the signed agreement. If the contract is rolling, please state.
- Contract Review Date- Please can you provide me with a date when the organisation plans to review this contract.
- The person in the organisation responsible for this particular contract. Can you send me the full contact details Contact Name, Job Title, Contact Number and direct email address for each network provider? If full contact details cannot be provided, please send me their actual job title.
- If the mobile phone contract is provided by a managed contract please provide me with the actual name of the network provider along with the number of connections and the internal contact from within the organisation responsible for this contract.
Please can you provide me with the latest information- If the organisations are currently out to tender please can you also state the approx. date of the award along with the information above.
Also, if the contract in the response has expired/rolling please can you provide me with further information if available of the organisation's plans going forward with regards to mobiles and the current status?
If this contract was awarded within the past three months can you, please provide me with a shortlist of suppliers that bid on the contract?
After we sought clarity on the term ‘data devices ‘ you responded:
Data Devices - the breakdown of devices for each provider in use into voice only devices (mobile phones, etc), voice and data devices (iPhone's, smart phones, etc) and data only devices (iPads. tablets, dongles)
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows:
3. Data Only – 1501 (these include laptop/tablet ,SIM cards
Voice Only – 287 (basic mobiles with no data, including PPU alarms).
Voice / Data – 4010 (smartphones).
4. Let in 24 month durations with each device having to serve a minimum period of 24 months from date of service commencing.
5. Agreement signed 8 August 2017. Service commenced on the 10 October 2017
6. 7 August 2019, however current devices have to serve a minimum term of 24 months from date of service. The first device date of service commenced 10 October 2017.
7. The Force will be reviewing this contract in May 2019
8. John Spoors, Senior Procurement Officer, Tel No 01914373979, email - firstname.lastname@example.org