Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I wish to submit a request to the organisation around their hosting contract(s) with 3rd party providers. The type of contract I wish to see is below:
A. Dedicated hosting- Managed environment
B. Co-Location- hosting allows a business to still own their own server equipment; however, instead of storing it in their own data centre, they instead are able to store it in rented space in a colocation hosting centre.
C. Cloud Hosting- Cloud hosting services provide hosting for websites on virtual servers, which pull their computing resource from extensive underlying networks of physical web servers.
Not all of these will be applicable to the organisation.
For the different types of hosting services, can you provide me with the following information:
1. Type of hosting – Dedicated, Co-Location, Cloud Hosting, Other?
2. Who is the supplier of the contract? If possible can you also provide me with the name of the vendor, if applicable?
3. What is the annual contract value for each contract?
4. What type of cloud environment?
- Private Cloud- a distinct and secure cloud based environment in which only the specified client can operate.
- Public Cloud - where cloud services are provided in a virtualised environment, constructed using pooled shared physical resources, and accessible over a public network such as the internet.
- Hybrid- integrated cloud service utilising both private and public clouds to perform distinct functions within the same organisation.
5. What is the original start date of the contract agreement? If there are more than one contract please provide me with the start date for each contract.
6. What is the actual expiry date of the contract agreement? If there are more than one contract please provide me with the expiry date for each contract.
7. When will the organisation plan to review this contract? If there are more than one contract please provide me with the review date for each contract.
8. What is the contract period in years? Please include whether the agreement has any extension periods?
9. What services are provided under the contract? Please do not put hosting, information such as web hosting, file storage, hosted application. The more information the better,
10. Can you please provide me with the contract officer responsible for this contract? Complete contact details if possible name, title, contact email and number.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the ICT Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
C – Agresso financials
1. Cloud hosting
4. Private Cloud
8. Hosted application
With regards to points 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 & 10 the below is applicable.
As the information you have requested at these parts is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
This information is published on the Bluelight Procurement data base and therefore S21 is relevant. A search for ‘cloud’ under Northumbria Police will bring back relevant information.