Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. In the years 2020 and 2021, how many video or photo submissions of motoring incidents were made to the force by members of the public?
2. In the same two-year period, how many prosecutions were made by your force for drivers using their mobile phone whilst driving/behind the wheel?
3. In the same two-year period, how many prosecutions or fines have been made for driving offences resulting from motorists filming their own driving and posting the footage to social media?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fixed Penalty Unit and Communications Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. 2020 - 1977 submissions
2021 - 5023 submissions
2. Provided below are the figures of those issued a fixed penalty notice for this offence:
2020 - 289
2021 - 340
3. No information held as this is not recorded.