Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
For each calendar year from January 2017 up to July 2019, please break this down by month:
- How many people have police stopped on the road for using an electric scooter.
- How many people have police stopped on the pavement for using an electric scooter.
- How many people have been stopped by your police officers for using an e-scooter on the road or on pavements.
- How many riders of e-scooters in Q3 were found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- How many people have been fined for using e-scooters on the pavement or on the road.
- How many people have had points on their driving licence for using e-scooters on the pavement or on the road.
- How many reports of accidents involving an e-scooter has your police force dealt with.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
We have looked for all incidents within the data period requested where the keywords 'electric scooter' or 'e-scooter' are in the incident description.
It should be noted that we are only able to search the first three lines of the incident description, as only those first 3 lines are searchable. It is possible that one of the keywords may feature later in the incident description but if so, that incident will not be captured in this dataset.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would expect that you to take into consideration the factors highlighted above so as not to mislead members of the public or official bodies or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
With the above noted I am able to disclose the information, located by the limited method above, to you as follows.
1– 6. No results were returned, were are therefore interpreting the response at these points to be nil.