Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- The oldest police car used by your force.
- The average age of the car fleet used by your force in each of the last three calendar years.
- The number of police cars aged a) 0-1 years, b) 1-2 years, c) 2-3 years, d) 3-4 years, e) 4-5 years, f) 5-10 years, g) 10 years plus,
- all as a percentage of the total number of police cars.
After we sought clarification you responded that you required information on vehicles from the date registered.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fleet Management Unit of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
To note the information provided relates to the entire fleet vehicles.
- 16.30 yrs
- No information held. We do not hold an ‘average age’ of our vehicles.
a) 0-1 years - 79
b) 1-2 years - 166
c) 2-3 years - 24
d) 3-4 years - 323
e) 4-5 years - 57
f) 5-10 years - 91
g) 10 years plus - 11
4. No information held. We do not hold % figures for the ages of vehicles. However I can advise that we have a total of 751 vehicles. This will enable you to calculate the % figures.