Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- For the years (i) 2017/18 and (ii) 2018/19 what is the fastest speed you have recorded a vehicle to have travelled on a road monitored by a speed camera? By "speed camera" I mean a fixed or temporary speed camera as well as portable speed cameras operated by officers and in-car cameras that can record the speed of other motorists.
- What was the make and model of the vehicle and was it a police or civilian vehicle?
- Where did the incident take place and what was the speed recorded?
- Was the driver prosecuted? If so what was the penalty imposed? If not please provide a brief summary of the circumstances surrounding the incident.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fixed Penalty Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. 2017 - 2018 :108 mph
2018 - 2019:113 mph
2. 2017 - 2018: Volkswagen Golf – Civilian
2018 - 2019: Volkswagen Caddy- Civilian
3. 2017 - 2018: A690 South of Houghton Cut
2018 - 2019: A1 Felton Bypass
4. 2017 - 2018: Sent to Court, penalty imposed needs to be sourced from the Courts
2018 - 2019: Sent to Court, penalty imposed needs to be sourced from the Courts