Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
“In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, I am requesting the following information.
- Number of road traffic accidents, by month and year between 2014 to date (11.11.19) between Longhirst Village and Widdrington, clearly identifying those which occurred within 1 mile of entry / exit to Ulgham village.
- Number of vehicles involved in each accident and brief description of cause, where known.
- Number of people involved in each accident.
- Any known injury or death.
- Number of police officers in attendance at each accident.
- Amount of time spent by officers at the scene and in subsequent paperwork / proceedings. As far as is possible, estimated cost of officer time, within bands of £5000.
- Number of occasions officers have undertaken traffic / speed monitoring in the village of Ulgham over the same timescale and length of time they were present for.”
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held, in part, by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows, which is for recordable incidents only.
1-5. See attached.
6.No information held. This information is not collated.
7. 17 occasions during the period specified by your request. No information held with regards to how long the officers were present for.
RTC's Around Ulgham - 1406/19