Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
East bound carriageway Essen Way Sunderland.14/06/2021 3.40pm Northumbria Police speed monitoring vehicle has been seen parked on the east bound side of the dual carriageway monitoring traffic.
1. When was this location surveyed for use ?
2. Who authorised its use [position/rank].
3. In the light of this request is it intended to continue to using this location.
The above are the identified questions we have extracted from the other comments in your submission.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. 28 October 2020.
2. No information held. This is not recorded, however I have provided the below which may be useful.
The police are quite entitled by law to enforce speeding anywhere and at any time as and how they deem appropriate. This means without first obtaining authorisation to do so.
3. Yes. This site is attended by Northumbria Police but also on behalf and with the agreement of Sunderland City Council to address speeding concerns that have been raised in their area for Essen Way by members of the public and Ward Councillors.