Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many speed cameras do you have in your area?
- How many of those speed cameras are active at this precise moment in time?
- How many times did you deploy mobile speed cameras in your area between 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2018?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Operations Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose some of the located information to you as follows.
- Within the Northumbria Police force area we have 25 actual speed cameras.
- The number of cameras that were active at the time of the request was 4.
- Within the Northumbria Police force area we deployed mobile speed cameras 1,739 times during the period mentioned.