Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Re average speed cameras in use on the northbound carriageway of the A19, between Testo's roundabout and Downhill junction.
- How many vehicles have been caught speeding in the roadworks area since the cameras came into use in May 2019?
- How many fines or FPNs have been issued during this same period?
- What is the highest speed caught by the cameras during this same period?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fixed Penalty Unit of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Please note that the data provided below is for the Northbound Testos carriageway in its entirety, we cannot search on a specific parameter within the site. That is the section of northbound carriageway that contains the roadworks. From the roadworks starting to the roadworks ceasing. There is no facility to search for an area within the roadworks, only the roadworks & the associated carriageway that the roadworks are on.
- Since 1 May 2019 to 17 February 2020, there have been a total of 4,664 offences recorded.
- A total of 4,664 offences have been issued with a Fixed Penalty Ticket.
- The highest speed recorded northbound during this time period was 85 mph.