Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
With regards to the 10 speed camera locations that captured the most offences so far this year - can you provide me a list of speed camera locations and how many offences have been recorded per camera location.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fixed Penalty Unit of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1.A19 Testos Nb – 10653 Offences
2. A1 Western Bypass Gateshead/Birtley From Southern 50 Mph Limit Change To Smithy Lane Overbridge - 3509 Offences
3.A19 Testos Sb – 3105 Offences.
4. A1 Western Bypass Gateshead/Metro Centre North Of Hollinside Road Overbridge – 1917 Offences
5. A167 Ponteland Road Between A191 Etal Lane Roundabout & Springfield Roundabout – 1895 Offences
6. A167 Stamfordham Road Between A1 And Silver Lonnen Junctions, Newcastle – 1586 Offences
7. Kier Hardy Way, Southwick – 1490 Offences
8. A690 South Of Houghton Cut – 1467 Offences
9. A184 Felling By Pass From Heworth To Whitemare Pool – 1396 Offences
10. Leam Lane/A195 – 1015 Offences