Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
If possible, I would like to know the following:
1. The number of recorded crimes for Home Office notifiable offence of 825/06 Tampering with Motor Vehicles in your area in the following years
2. How many of those crimes specifically relate to the altering of the vehicle’s mileage?
3. Of those relating to the altering of a vehicle’s mileage, how many of those were charged?
If the way data is stored in your system means answering all questions will take you over your time limit please just provide information for Question 1 and 2.
If possible, and time allows, I would like to know:
4. Of those who were charged how many were relating to ‘car clocking’ for business use (i.e. multiple cars/car dealership) and how many were ‘car clocking’ for personal use (i.e to sell on own car)
5. Of the those who were charged, how many were men and how many were women?
6. Of the total number of crimes reported, how many were found relating the following:
Time period for data relating to the request: 01 January 2015 to 31 December 2017 please
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Data was collated through a search of all crimes created between 01/01/2015 and 31/12/2017 under the Home Office Code 825/06 - interfering with a motor vehicle. Each crime was manually reviewed to answer Q2 - Q6.
2015 – 9
2016 – 5
2017 – 12
3,4 & 5 N/A
Type of Vehicle No of Crimes