Please be aware we’re making some improvements and building a new website. You can still report incidents, tell us about general intelligence or talk to us on live chat on this site. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah’s Law – Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme

Find out how to make a Sarah's Law request.

What is Sarah's Law?

The child sex offender disclosure scheme, otherwise known as Sarah’s Law, allows anyone to ask the police if someone who has access to a child holds a child sexual offences record.
Sarah’s Law parents, guardians and carers with the necessary information to help them make decisions about their children’s safety and welfare.

How do I make a Sarah’s Law request?

You can make a child sex offender disclosure request by pressing the button below. 


This facility is not monitored 24/7 and should not be used to report emergencies and incidents. In an emergency always ring 999.

If you believe that someone is in imminent danger, ring 999 immediately.

If you need assistance completing the form, contact us.

Any disclosure will only be made to the parent, guardian or carer best placed to protect the child or children. Any third party making the application would not necessarily receive disclosure if they were not best placed to protect the child or children.


What happens after I make the request?

The information you receive is strictly confidential and legal action may be taken if it is disclosed to anyone else. If there is immediate or imminent risk of harm to the child this will be dealt with urgently. If there is no immediate risk, the whole process will be complete within 45 days, unless it is extended due to exceptional circumstances.

Can I ask for information about anyone?

You can make an application about anyone who is in contact with a child or children.

Will I be told what the outcome is if I make an application?

The person making the application may not be the person information is disclosed to. Only those with responsibility for the child or children concerned will be given the information as they are in a position to help safeguard them.

What if my concerns are found to be true?

If our checks show the person reported has a record suggesting a child could be at risk, information will be disclosed to the person in the best position to safeguard the child or children. The police and other agencies will work with this person to protect the child and give advice and support.

Can I tell people the results of my application?

The information given to you or those best placed to help the child or children is confidential and should not be shared with anyone. It is only given to help protect the child or children from risk of harm. If you share it you could be subject to criminal or civil proceedings.

back to top