This website ( is no longer live. For the Northumbria Police homepage, please visit






Abandoned vehicles

If you suspect a vehicle has been abandoned you can report it to your local council. They will investigate and find out who the registered keeper is.


Is the vehicle is stolen?

The local council will liaise with police and establish if the vehicle is stolen.

What if the vehicle is unlocked, damaged or has no registration plates?

If a vehicle is unlocked or damaged please contact us and we will secure the vehicle if needed. Please provide the vehicle registration, make, model and colour as well as the location of the vehicle.

What if the vehicle holds tax, MOT and is not stolen?

If checks have been made and the vehicle holds tax, MOT, is not stolen and parked in an area with no restrictions or yellow lines; it is legally parked and can remain there.   

back to top